Wednesday, June 10, 2009

minus A

I doubt that anyone who is not a fan of Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” could tolerate my blog. I talk about the show so -- or more like way too -- much! Last night’s episode, watched in my movie theatre of a basement (ha.) with a posse of Jersey-girl impostors, was entertaining as ever without bring much of anything new to the table. Danielle still caused drama; Caroline still couldn’t stop talking about her family; Teresa finally got the long-awaited bubbies; Dina went tanning; Jacqueline contemplated the friends vs. family debacle. But what was most amusing about the hour of marvelously mindless television was the show’s final 20 minutes, in which all the housewives (except Danielle, of course, as she’s got more drama than Franklin Lakes can handle) accompanied Teresa on her departure from the valley of what she referred to as “Minus A.” Of course, this enlarging experience was preceded by a conversation between Danielle and her “juicy and delicious” husband at an (obviously) Italian restaurant, in which the “entrepreneur” himself debated his wife’s potential plastic surgery with his wannabe showgirl daughter, the scene-stealing, seven-year-old Gia. I don’t know what I’m going to do after next week’s season finale. I might have to take up knitting or something…

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You know that I grew up in Franklin Lakes, right...still there now...