Tuesday, June 9, 2009

9:34 AM is messing with my head

It was a dark and stormy night… or so you would think! The only word to describe New York at the moment is ominous! With the recent spike in subway fare from a manageable $2.00 to a not-much-more-but-still-crazy-irritating $2.50, I start every morning with a brisk walk from Penn Station to Times Square. On a sunny day, I find myself almost instantaneously settled in my cube, since, if necessary, I can make my stroll in about seven minutes. This morning, however, that was certainly not the case. By the time I hit 36th St., I was already cursing myself for not taking the subway. “It’s only one stop! Make the walk,” said one side of my head. “It’s a friggin’ monsoon, KR. Swipe your MetroCard and look presentable.” I should have listened to her. Currently, I am drenched from head to toe. My pink raincoat majorly failed, leaving me with a saturated white (white!) button down. My black pants (yeah, I’m dressed kind of boring today, but it’s raining!) are still sticking to me. I dumped two puddles from my Reva heels. The contents of my tote have seen better and drier days.

I really need to dry off.

On a happier note, I'm a few posts from 100! =)

0 comments: