Sunday, August 23, 2009

KR's TOP 10 OF SUMMER

All eyes on me, in the center of the ring... Tomorrow night, I'm going to the CIRCUS! The big girl kind, people -- I'm going to BRITNEY!!!!! The event officially ends my summer, as I leave for the Hill at a ripe 6 AM on Tuesday morning. Normally, I'd say ouch to that, but 6 AM was my normal wake-up call during this unbelievably fabulous summer. From the laughter to the tears, from the Meatpacking District to Murray Hill, from work to play, and from the lake to the Cape, the events of the past May, June, July, and August were nothing short of stellar. In no particular order, here is my TOP TEN OF SUMMER, 2009 Edition:

1. I loved my job more than Don Draper loves extramarital affairs and cigarettes. Combined. My coworkers were amazing and my boss was fabulous. My office was walking distance from metropolitan necessities such as Restaurant Row, Bryant Park, TKTS, Penn Station, and J. Crew. (That last one is especially necessary.)

2. Though I didn't take any extended trips, I had amazing mini-vacations to Falmouth, Harwichport, and Sleepy Hollow Lake. Long weekends are almost more refreshing than an all-out trip. After all the packing, I oftentimes feel as though I need a vacation to recover from my vacation.

3. My AZ (now TX!) relatives rolled into NY for a whole month. Their arrival brought my two favorite cherubs, a 12-hour R family happy hour, a slew of BBQs, and excitement for my upcoming trip to San Antonio! I leave in a little over a month, and am so ready to meet a cowboy.

4. I banked a sweet buck, which allowed me to make some AWEOSME purchases. Favorites included leopard-print Tory Burch Revas, Burberry rain boots, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfume, tortoise shell Rayban wayfarers, and enough pints of Magners cider to keep the Galway Hooker in business for many recessions to come. (I love the Irish.)

5. I shacked up in NYC, on the 40th floor of the Marriott Marquis, on the last night of my internship, and got to view the most breathtaking sunset from my room's window. We exited the night sans-noise complaint... thankfully and surprisingly!

6. I made international friends! Branching out was necessary, considering my bubbletown and bubble school existence. I learned that there's nothing more amazing than the sound of a Russian accent...

7. I SAW JILL ZARIN!

8. I felt like I really took advantage of NYC, exploring new neighborhoods, boroughs, bars, restaurants, and shops whenever I could.

9. My blog reached over 10 followers. Ha. Puh-thet-ic -- but I still feel accomplished! Don't be a phantom follower! Maybe I will give away a FABULOUS prize to a lucky commenter once I hit 50 followers... I can be pretty generous!

10. I feel like this one should be the big cahoona (sp?) or something... In all honesty, though, my favorite part of summer was the realization that I have the absolute best friends in the world. Simple as that.

<3

2 comments:

AMC said...

KR,
I loved following your blog this summer! You inspired me to start my own, which DEFINITELY does not have all of the clever puns and great writing style of yours, but I'm working on it! I hope you have a great start to your senior year, I'm off to Spain in a week! See you in the spring!

xoxo,
Adrianna

P.S. - that pink rugby dress is so fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great summer! And I LOVE the first sentence of number 1!