Five things that made me smile today:
1. After work, SA and I went for a walk in the rain. There's just something about walking in a downpour that's kind of relaxing and cleansing, which made for an awesome end to my day. We started in Brooklyn Heights, made our way through Cobble Hill, and ended in Carroll Gardens. We also dined at Ghang, a Thai food restaurant on Court St. that was far to cheap for our own good. Gotta love Brooklyn!
2. I'm up-to-date on both Mad Men and True Blood.
3. I dressed in a leopard dress (but a tasteful one!) to work today, and did not get any weird looks... to my knowledge, at least. I'll admit I was a little hesitant to rock so much rawr-ness in Corporate America, but with some tasteful black heals and minimal bling, I think I pulled off the excessive animal print pretty well. (Did I mention I'm obsessed with anything leopard and could not be happier that it's very "big" this fall? Not that I ever care about what's big... nothing will ever stop me from wearing leopard!)
4. It's a crisp 60 degrees out, making tonight perfect for sleeping with the windows open wide while I curl under my covers enveloped by as many blankets as I have in my palace. The more blankets on me, the better I sleep.
5. I thrifted a leopard print pencil skirt for $2.99 on eBay. $2.99!!!! That's less than the September Vogue I attempted to read on the F train this morning. (Note to self: ten-pound magazine + zooming subway car = FAIL.)