Saturday, April 11, 2009

an appetizer to top them all

Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder. When I'm at school in my [essentially] kitchenless dorm, I always crave the comfort of an afternoon in the kitchen. Before traveling abroad, my culinary skills were limited to boiling water for tea and rigatoni. However, after a few trips to Tesco, the London land of all things grocery-related, I gained some skills and became a huge fan of kitchen creations. For Easter Saturday, I'm whipping up this delicious appetizer (recipe courtesy of my dear friend AC!) for my family's Happy Hour. I hope you, too, will bond over baked brie! It's SUPER easy:

Ingredients:
1 Wheel Brie
1 Container Allouette (I recommend garlic and herb!)
1 Cylinder Pillsbury Crescent rolls
Apples (sliced in wedges)
Crackers

Directions: Cut the skin off the brie and coat in a generous layer of Allouette. Spray a baking pan with Pam. Wrap the coated brie in crescent rolls and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with apples, crackers, and most importantly, some nice wine! =)

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Jane said...

That looks amazingly, delicious!!

MissKarenAshley said...

That look absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it.

Miss K
www.simplylovelyideas.blogspot.com