Inspired by the Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boyswebsite, but not totally sold on the reasons listed, here are my own top five reasons why every straight and fabulous girl needs a gay and fabulous guy. Or, in my case, quite a few gay and fabulous guys. Here goes:
1. They make insane gym buddies. Prior to becoming one of the Lululemon-clad gym bunnies at Chicquinox, I attended a zone known more for it's bargain than its bombshell clientele. However, what the purple and yellow equipment-filled gym lacked in brand name, it more than made up for in my workout buddy, RJ. During the summer of 2009, we would sweat our brains out, treadmilling and toning in tandem.
2. They know how to use a camera. Back in September, after bidding BT bon voyage on what I hope is just a temporary stint in Beantown, CM and I passed the time during a gorgeous day in the Meatpacking District by taking pictures in quite fierce poses in front of some interesting guerilla art. No one else would have really "gotten" the glam of the graffitied wall. But CM did!
3. They. Can. Dance! During my junior year of college, I visited ML at Notre Dame, and was privilege to have met her own army of fabulous gay guys. Her number one, NW, was truly divine, drinking his drink straw-style through a pitcher, in between showing me his best Usher-esque moves and getting lower than low.
4. They know how to host a smashing soirée. When RJ started dating RW, it was music to my BWLB-loving ears. The adorable Ginger from Long Island not only brings a perpetual smile to my dear friend's face, but he's also become as much a member of our circle of friends as RJ himself. And, to top things off, he is the best party host I have come across in a long time. I'm telling you: his mulled cider is the winter beverage equivalent of Manolo Blahnik's Urban Shoe Myth.
5. And finally, but not most importantly, because I hold all these reasons for having a posse of fabulous gay pals on call equally necessary and important, they can serve as insta-boyfriends in an absolute pinch! Also, in most cases, they will also dress better than every other gentleman at whatever "plus one" event you attend as a pair, hence making you the most A-plus bombshell in the room. Voila!
So, to all my fabulous gays out there, this one's for you. Thanks for keeping me company at the gym. Thanks for taking pictures of me on my good side. Thanks for the non-stop booty-shaking on the dance floor. Thanks for understanding that Natty Light does not a party beverage make. And, of course, thanks for being my date when I need one. XOXO.